- We have the privilege of using dance studios located in a college facility. Since professors’ offices, academic classes, and other building areas may be in use during ballet classes, children should never be left unattended.
- Space around the studio is limited and observation during class is not available.
- Children under 10 years old should be escorted to and from the dance studio every week to make sure they arrive safely to the correct location.
- On rare occasions, class location may change.
- Class cancellations will occur if Wake Forest University or Winston Salem Public Schools closes for weather. Check email for class cancellation notification.
Student Attire and Hair
- HAIR: All hair must be secured off of face and neck. Long hair must be held in a bun or coronet. For helpful tips, see the YouTube video at this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SfN2LFiWQ0
- ATTIRE FOR STUDENTS WHO IDENTIFY AS FEMALE: Black leotard, pink ballet tights, and pink ballet shoes for all levels. Girls in Level One should also have one matching leotard and skirt in a light color. Pointe shoes will be discussed at the first class for those levels.
- ATTIRE FOR STUDENTS WHO IDENTIFY AS MALE: Black or dark blue shorts or sweatpants, white T-shirt, white socks with black or white ballet shoes.
NOTE: Please use the cubbies in the studio to store gear rather than leave on the floor. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.